There are a few different ways to turn your iPhone into a WiFi hotspot. Turning your iPhone into a WiFi hotspot can prove itself extremely useful, when you would like to wirelessly connect another device (like a laptop) to the internet. Your iPhone will use its cell data access as its internet connection. It is actually very easy to setup your iPhone as a wireless hotspot router and connect up to five wireless devices to it at the same time.
Read our article: How to Turn Your Android Phone into a Wi-Fi Hotspot
Here are the instructions for the iPhone 4, 4S, and 5.
- Click on the Settings app
- Click on “Personal Hotspot” in the settings menu
- Change the “Personal Hotspot” option to “On” By default, you will see that the WiFi password already has a pre-assigned value. You are welcome to keep the pre-assigned password, as it is unique to your iPhone, or you can create your own easy to remember WiFi password.
- Select the new wireless network on your laptop or other wireless device. Your laptop or other wireless device will recognize and identify the wireless network. The name of the network will be the name of your iPhone according to your iTunes account.
- Select the iPhone network, enter the password, and connect to the internet.
Pay attention to your iPhone’s battery power, as the WiFi hotspot feature uses up battery power rather quickly. Otherwise, follow the easy steps to setup a usable WiFi hotspot with your iPhone to give yourself internet access practically anywhere.